The custom of pressing washed and wet clothes using iron dates back to several hundred years. And since then, there have been chronological innovations in the design of the same which has facilitated the Art of Ironing. A best-rated steam iron operates by injecting steam through the fiber during the ironing process and heats up the metal, thereby removing creases, stretching the fiber and accelerating the process of pressing.
Professional or commercial steam iron is the one that can handle a large volume of clothes where it is essential to have a prompt response time and remove adamant creases during the process. A professional steam iron necessarily has a sizeable water reservoir for the supply of steam and doesn’t run out dry easily, and is designed using durable materials which increase its longevity and operating life.
This article is a generic Guide to the ideal professional steam iron with retractable cord.
– Steam pressure generation should be high enough to remove wrinkles and creases; normally more than 3.0 bar
– The presence of a steam regulator helps in customizing steam output according to the type of fabric being ironed and is generally marked with types of clothes like silk, wool, linen, etc which allow for the moderation of the temperature likewise
– Steaming time: conversion of water from the reservoir to steam; should ideally be very short to effect prompt steam buildup
– Uniform steam distribution is desirable through the holes of the iron’s soleplate
– Adjustable steam control; set according to the fiber being ironed; is essential as either too high or too low a temperature might damage the fabric being pressed
– A large water reservoir which can store a huge quantity of water should be present
– Air extraction through the use of smart airflow technologies is critical because an excess of accumulated air might produce undesired creases or might result in damp clothing
– Steam burst technology is an additional feature that employs the use of excess steam to get rid of stubborn wrinkles
– An adjustable power cord system or any other built-in cord management is important to tackle the constant hassles of keeping the cord away during the ironing process
– A proper durable steam hose that extends from the reservoir and powers the steaming process- Last, but not the least, special attention should be provided on the safety measures provided in the professional iron with cord. Auto shutdown is a primary feature, which when present, allows the steam iron to shut down if it is kept out of use for long, thereby minimizing the risks.
Other key safety features include pressure switches, probe safety thermostat on the heating element, safety caps bearing safety pressure release valve and low-water indicators; all of which operating properly in unison improve the safety features of a professional steam iron.
Top-of-the-line ironing systems which employ steam injection are available for purchase online and offline. Special care should be taken while selecting the feature-laden steam iron so that it meets the particular purpose for which it is bought.